Become a BASS Volunteer
Our volunteers are the core of our success in caring for the animals. We are always seeking new volunteers!
We need dedicated volunteers for the following:
- Socializing animals. Work with our shelter animals and provide them with an opportunity for play, exercise, and lots of TLC.
- Foster homes. Since vacating the shelter we are in need of volunteers able and willing to foster dogs, puppies, cats, or kittens in their homes. Please contact us if you are able to assist us with animal fostering.
- Kennel assistants. Help clean and sanitize dog areas.
- Cat Habitat assistants. Help clean and sanitize cat cages and the Cat Habitat.
- Medical transportation. Transport animals to and from vet.
- Customer Service. Answer phones and make call-backs. Greet visitors and answer questions.
- Fundraising. Help coordinate and run fundraisers. Sell tickets for various raffles and events.
- Pet Adoption Days. Help is always needed to transport animals from BASS to local adoption events and introduce them to the public.
BASS currently operates 24/7/365 with a staff of 4 board members, 1 trustee, and about 20 volunteers